Monday, April 26, 2010

Life, spring...change?

With every step
A quiet victory
And with each breath
A simple definace.
Treading onward
Ignoring the fatality
Ignoring the futility
Dancing all the same
Regardless of the mist
Chasing our hearts
Robbing our flesh
Killing us slowly.
The dance is what matters
It's always what mattered
Some people only live to die
But others live to dance...


“And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.” - Abraham Lincoln

If I have learned anything in the past 3 months it is that nothing is permanent and you never know what is around the corner. If you had told me 3 years ago that my father was going to die from cancer, I would probably have laughed at you. It's amazing how perspective changes so quickly and so greatly. I've been thinking about the above quote a lot lately. I don't know exactly why but I know it has a lot to do with a corner that I am turning soon.
I'm am actually looking forward to my 24th birthday here in a little bit. I think that it will be a good year, a year of healing and a year of new beginnings. I am trying to consider it my spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment