Wednesday, April 21, 2010

About Me

So I was asked if there was a list about me or something about me in general and I realized there was not really anything about me written anywhere except my facebook profile and even that was a little stark. Thus I embarked on writing this list about me; you can thank @spreadingJoy for the inspiration.

1. I am an absolute sucker for a good horror novel, Stephen King in particular.

2. I don’t watch all that much television nor many movies but I am a complete sucker for cheap/horribly made disaster flicks. You know those ones that run on SyFy all day and you can buy at Walmart in a five pack? Yeah . . .

3. I absolutely love people. I’m not in a position where I work with a lot of people at the moment but I love being around people and meeting new people.

4. If I had to choose only one thing to have in my life, for the rest of my life, it would be a family. I cannot wait to be a mother and a wife. If there is one thing that I can be good at – that’s what I want it to be.

5. I hate talking on the phone. I will email, text, twitter, facebook, talk in person etc. but there is something so impersonal about the telephone that I can’t get over.

6. I’ve never been to Florida – ever.

7. My ultimate goal in life is to be a published writer. I love to write and do it in one way or another every day.

8. I absolutely hate hot cereal – oatmeal, mapo, grits – you name it, I can’t stand it. I don’t like bananas either (I know I’m weird).

9. Behind the wheel I change into a completely different person. I hate people who cannot drive. Gas is on the right, get on it or get over! (AKA Road Rage Schizophrenia)

10. I can make a nickel spend like a dime. I have a knack for getting deals anywhere and everywhere. I coupon and can sniff out a discount lots of places…need help with an online deal? I can probably make that happen if you give me some time. (I’m just sayin’)

11. My worst fear is drowning – I won’t swim in the ocean at all, rapids scare me but I will swim and am a very strong swimmer. I still go to the beach often though.

12. I read a lot, anything and everything.

13. Too much caffeine makes me sleepy rather than keeps me awake. (Like I said, I’m weird)

14. I’m a diehard Yankees fan in the middle of Red Sox nation…I’m a fanatic regarding my boys. Nothing comes between me and Yankees baseball…seriously you should see my twitter feed on game days.

15. I can cook just about anything and am very good at it. I can provide samples for your approval.

16. I am quiet to some extent and won’t waste words; I never say anything that I don’t mean.

17. I enjoy being in the background for the most part and helping people climb higher and supporting them. There are times when I want the spotlight but those are few and far between.

18. I love musicals – I like performing in them even more! (yes, I can sing, I just don’t do it very often)

19. I am named after Tegan Jovanka a character in Dr. Who (the original)

20. I like to organize and make sure that things are in proper order BUT my room and my Jeep are ALWAYS a mess because they are my dumping grounds. (Don’t judge me! LOL)

21. I have a thing for pens . . . if I like them, I buy them and I will try one if it looks cool. I have LOTS of pens.

22. My parents always told me that my middle name was ‘Grace’ because I absolutely have none in most situations. I have been known to walk into walls, doors, trip, fall and spill just about anything and everything.

23. Without my contacts/glasses I’m blind as a bat.

24. I keep a design book where I pick out furnishings for my dream home and clip things to put into it. My dream house is a log cabin on about 100 acres of hardwood with a lake or stream with a large garden and a few meadows.

25. I love my cat but I’m a dog person. I want a black lab and a great dane. I hate small dogs, they bother me and I’m always afraid that I am going to step on them or kick them accidentally.

I suppose I will update this as I go along . . . but here's a basic list for now!

2 comments:

  1. HOW cool is this list??!! I love it! I'm with you on Stephen King. Lack of grace and need for contacts - we share that. Cant see the HUGE red numbers in the mornings!! [shaking head]

    Your writing is wonderful, I can see you being published - easily. Singing...I'm with ya!! *gigggling* - I just don't sing well!

    Thank you for such a great way to get to KNOW you!!

    {{HUGS}}
    @spreadingJOY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I'm so happy that @spreadingJOY suggested we do these! :)

    ReplyDelete