Friday, April 23, 2010

Untitled Lament

When the song
Is drowned out by sorrow
And the pain
Screams louder than reason
I find myself searching
Searching for that haven
Where rest comes easy
And sleep comes swiftly
Upon the wings of dragonflies
And the echoes of the wind.
When it aches
When it seems though
I can take no more,
I search, search for refuge
From the internal storm
In the starry sky
And the passing cloud
But each moment is fleeting
Passing into darkness
And restating the anguish.
I find no solace for
More than a moment
If each day should get better
Why does my heart break so?
Could I not find peace
In one breath of air
Or flying bird?
Alas my grief does covet
All my energy and attention
Though I know not how to weep.

1 comment:

  1. This is utterly gorgeous and heart breaking I love it. Very very well written.

    ReplyDelete