Sunday, May 2, 2010

Birthday Thoughts

Birthdays weren’t really a big thing for me for a long time. When I was younger, birthdays were okay but in middle school and high school it wasn’t anything at all. College made them special again for me when Joanna brought me a cake and made sure that people were there to celebrate with me. It was special again. Last year was not a fun birthday. On the day I turned 23, I was at the hospital bringing my father to appointments. Looking back on it, I guess I could have had a worse day but this year I am very grateful that I do not have to spend it in the hospital again and that I get to spend it with someone very special. That means the world to me: more than any gift, above all, I love the gift of time. So here’s to a good birthday week ahead and a good birthday in general. 24 looks bright and welcoming, here's to May 7th.

No comments:

Post a Comment